Friday, June 1, 2012

Pigment.. Artists Mr Guy Warren.. 91 Years Young...

 


















Mr Guy Warren was kindly introduced to me last week at a joint exhibition, with Euan Macleod.. Guy won the Archibald prize in 1985 with Flugelman with Wingman and has been painting for many many years.

Guy is charming and has stories by the dozen to tell, just by looking at him. Yesterday Euan took me to his Leichhardt studio of 27 years, he is polite, a gentleman of days gone by, but he connects with all he meets I suspect..? I could spend hours with Guy, just drinking coffee and merely talking about his life and just stuff, he has an energy people half his age would pay good money for..

He has his next exhibition this coming August, working on a dozen or so brightly worked pieces, there is that artist's struggle, but there is a spring in his voice, as he decides his next move..

I arrived with muffins and Guy makes us coffee. I ask if we can do his portrait that day and he says sure!!

I come back an hour later, with my gear and some good take out coffee, which he approves of and we get to work, Guy has seen so many things and is humble with it, a true gent and so easy to talk to, I start shooting as we talk of his time in advertising and how it is now...

Guy's face tells many stories, I could spend days at his studio, just listening and drinking coffee, he asks if I'd like to stay for a meat pie for lunch and I except..

We chat some more and I seriously hope my portraits are to his approval..?

I've just been to visit Guy and return his stuff that I've been shooting. On meeting him I instantly thought he was so much like my late father, in his appearance and mannerisms.. I actually got his age wrong, he's only 91 and his birthday.? The same day as my father's....





As always click to enlarge the image...


No comments:

Post a Comment