Friday, June 8, 2012

Carousel Characters..




























Last night we had a humble opening of a series of portraits that I shot for my local café, Flood Street Carousel, entitled 'Carousel Characters'.. Owner Caleb Maynard has turned the empty block into a roaring business this past 6 months and wanted to do something to thank his regulars for their loyal business..

Over a beer I suggested the idea of spending a day at the café and photograph his regulars, Cal agreed and a few weeks later I set up a simple studio in the corner of the premisses at 7am and shot through till 4pm.. Cal has put the word out to his clients and I did the rest.. All up I shot 49 people on the day, which I let Cal edit for the showing of 24..

Here are a wide selection, from the 49, with owner Caleb Maynard being bottom, but 1..


As always click to enlarge the image..

No comments:

Post a Comment