Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pigment... Euan Macleod..

































N.Z. artist Euan Macleod was introduced to me via Neil Frazer and Joanna Braithwaite.

Euan who is an Archibald winner, kindly invited me round to his studio to collaborate with me for my artist series..
http://www.wattersgallery.com/artists/macleodold.htm

Euan lives round the corner from me and has a great studio space.. I keep getting the same reaction as from all the artists, there is a little confusion why I want to photograph the objects, that I choose??

But seeing Euan's reaction to the images I took was fantastic.. He looked at his day to day tools in a completely different way, through virgin eyes, so to speak.. Yet again, seeing how differently all these high profile painters work is really interesting and they're all really lovely people..

Euan will be sitting for his first of three portraits next week, baby pending... As with the other artist portraits, I'm aiming to move away from their comfort zone and their work and show another side to them as people.. Here is my selections from the series, including a pile of oil scrapings, which I stuck a $1coin next to, to try and show its scale...

As always click on the image to enlarge...

Euan mention in one article written about him, his name was spelt three different ways..

No comments:

Post a Comment