Friday, February 3, 2012

Pigment.. Euan Macleod's Portrait.













I feel in many ways, there is a child like innocence to Euan... He's a really lovely person and very highly regarded artist. A former Archibald winner, he takes you at face value and is very easy to get on with.. After we first met and I shot his personal tools of the trade for my still life series, we talked about how we would approach his portrait.. I've not wanted to have any of the artists work featured in their portraits, I want to see them as a person, not an artist.

Euan studies Karate (Yoshukai) under Frazer and when I saw the head gear and mouth guard, I felt it might make a light humoured image, Euan being Euan was game.. Also we noticed Euan had alwys cut the right leg off jogging pants to use for wiping his brushes, so that was another image we wanted to try.. One thing a really noticed about Euan 's images were how diverse his facial expressions looked, from serious to laughing.. I love the serious direction, but felt I need to show his real side, with him laughing...

The next Pigment Portrait up, is next week with Jo Braithwaite...


As always click on the image to enlarge...



No comments:

Post a Comment